JUSTICE is an all-party law reform and human rights organisation working to strengthen the justice system – administrative, civil and criminal – in the United Kingdom.
We are a membership organisation, primarily of the legal profession, comprising barristers, solicitors, legal executives, academic lawyers, law students and interested non-lawyers. We work on an all-party basis, seeking to inform debate, frame issues and influence decision-makers from across the political spectrum.
Our vision is of fair, accessible and efficient legal processes, in which the individual’s rights are protected, and which reflect the country’s international reputation for upholding and promoting the rule of law.
We contribute to achieving our vision in three key ways:
- Providing evidence-based analysis and proposing practical solutions to law-makers, judges and relevant public servants.
- Strengthening the law and legal processes by reference to international and comparative best practice, looking across jurisdictions, across types of law and across the legal profession.
- Using the expertise of our membership to strengthen our understanding of the challenges arising in legal practice and of possible solutions, working with them to execute our vision.
- We act with integrity, protecting our independence, objectivity and all-party approach.
- We aspire to excellence in all aspects of our work.
- Our work is considered and practical in approach.
- We strive to be forward looking, anticipating and setting the agenda for reform of the justice system.
- We work collaboratively within JUSTICE and with our partners, seeking consensus where at all possible.
JUSTICE is a registered charity (no 1058580). We rely on the generosity of our members and supporters for the funds to carry out our work.