Date(s) - 08/12/2016
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Organised in partnership with the Equality and Human Rights Commission, this free evening event is essential for lawyers and non-lawyers interested in human rights and how they might impact on immigration issues after Brexit.
Our event will look at the potential effects of Brexit on:
- UK citizens currently living in the EU
- EU citizens currently living in the UK
- EU Citizens coming to the UK post-Brexit
Across each of these groups there are implications for work and retirement; private and family lives; study; housing and property ownership and capital interests. The experienced panel will seek to identify the issues we all need to be thinking about in these interesting times. There will be opportunity for discussion and questions.
Chair: Sarah Smith, BBC Scotland Editor
- Mungo Bovey QC, Advocate, Hastie Stable
- Kenneth Campbell QC, Advocate, Arnot Manderson Advocates
- Dr Jan Culik, Senior Lecturer in Czech, University of Glasgow, School of Modern Languages and Cultures
- Maria Fletcher, Senior Lecturer, University of Glasgow, School of Law
Registration is at 4.30pm and the event begins at 5pm, followed by a wine reception.
To book your place, please email email@example.com with your name, organisation and any requirements you may have, including communication support, access and / or dietary requirements.
Full event details and booking instructions can be found here.