Date / time
Date(s) - 07/06/2019
9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Allen & Overy
We are delighted to announce that JUSTICE will hold a unique fundraising event on 7th June 2019 to celebrate 100 years of women in the law in the UK.
The event will see a panel of eleven incredible women join Lady Hale in sharing their stories of lives in the law – speaking frankly about what has worked and what hasn’t, the drivers, the challenges, the triumphs, all culminating in a personal message to those attending.
Our inspirational women in law are:
- Baroness Hale of Richmond – President of the UK Supreme Court
- Sonya Branch – General Counsel at the Bank of England
- Dame Philippa Whipple DBE – High Court Judge in the Queen’s Bench Division
- Alison Saunders CB – Partner at Linklaters LLP and former Director of Public Prosecutions
- HHJ Angela Rafferty QC – Circuit Judge based at the Central Criminal Court
- Sandie Okoro – Senior Vice President and General Counsel for the World Bank Group
- Karen Seward – Global Head of Litigation at Allen & Overy
- Dame Eleanor Laing MP – Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons
- Baroness Shami Chakrabarti CBE – Shadow Attorney General, former Director of Liberty
- Karon Monaghan QC – Barrister at Matrix Chambers
- Professor Linda Mulcahy – Professor of Socio-Legal Studies at Oxford University
- Karyl Nairn QC – Co-head of Skadden’s International Litigation and Arbitration Group
Every penny from ticket sales will directly support the work of JUSTICE. A special discount rate is available for individual JUSTICE members.
Please note that we have made allocations of tickets for JUSTICE members who are working for NGOs, in social welfare law, at the junior end of the Bar or who otherwise earn less than £35,000. These tickets – costing £100 each – can be purchased by contacting our Daniel Hooper (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a brief explanation of your circumstances. Like all tickets, these will be sold on a first-come-first served basis.
We are enormously grateful to Allen & Overy LLP for hosting us on this very special day.