Date(s) - 13/10/2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
One of the highlights of the human rights lawyer’s CPD calendar, the JUSTICE Annual Human Rights Conference offers a key opportunity to update your legal knowledge and gain valuable insight into the human rights issues of the year.
The Rt. Hon. Lady Justice Hallett will be joining us as our keynote speaker and the programme for this year’s event will focus on the challenges facing practitioners and the wider public policy debate on human rights law in the UK.
Morning Breakout Sessions:
1. CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND HUMAN RIGHTS UPDATE
Chair: Professor Jackie Hodgson, University of Warwick
Peter Carter QC, Doughty Street Chambers
Kirsty Brimelow QC, Doughty Street Chambers
2. JUDICIAL REVIEW UPDATE
Chair: Michael Fordham QC, Blackstone Chambers
Danny Friedman QC, Matrix Chambers
Shaheen Rahman QC, One Crown Office Row Chambers
3. INQUESTS AND INQUIRIES
Chair: Harriet Wistrich, Birnberg Peirce
Christina Lambert QC, One Crown Office Row Chambers
Deborah Coles, INQUEST
Dijen Basu QC, 5 Essex Court Chambers
Afternoon Breakout Sessions
4. IMMIGRATION AND HUMAN RIGHTS UPDATE
Chair: Alison Harvey, Legal Director, Immigration Lawyers Practitioners’ Association
Raza Husain QC, Matrix Chambers
David Chirico, 1 Pump Court Chambers
Sonali Naik, Garden Court Chambers
5. HOUSING AND HOMELESSNESS
Chair: John Gallagher, Principal Solicitor, Shelter
Sonia Birdee, Garden Court North Chambers
Connor Johnston, Garden Court Chambers
6. EQUALITY AND HUMAN RIGHTS UPDATE
Chair: Professor Anna Lawson, University of Leeds (Invited)
Victoria Butler-Cole, 39 Essex Street Chambers
Michael Henson-Webb, Head of Legal, MIND
Join us to debate: ‘Human Rights After Brexit?’ Panel to be confirmed.
Now open for booking, the early bird rate is available until the 11th September, an additional discount is available for JUSTICE members and all income from the event will directly support the work of JUSTICE.
Early Bird Rate – until 11th September
- Member Fee – £180
- Non-Member Fee – £300
Standard Rate – after 11th September
- Member Fee – £216
- Non-Member Fee – £360
Please note that the prices advertised are inclusive of VAT.
- Members can book a place using this link, you’ll need your membership number which can be obtained by contacting us on 02077626427 or email@example.com.
- You can book a place and become a member at the same time by using this link.
- Non-Members can book a place using this link.
- To pay via invoice please complete and return the booking form.
- If you could like to book multiple places please contact us on 02077626427 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are grateful to Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer who will host the event.