Date / time
Date(s) - 03/02/2018
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
JUSTICE is delighted to announce that we are now taking bookings for our JSN Student Conference on Saturday 3 February 2018, kindly hosted by The International Dispute Resolution Centre.
This one day conference provides a unique opportunity for the next generation of lawyers to come together and explore the opportunities and challenges presented by the digital revolution in our courts and tribunals.
The UK Government White Paper Transforming Our Justice System (September 2016), and subsequently the introduction of the Prison and Courts Bill in the last Parliament, confirms the plans of the Ministry of Justice and senior judiciary to “automate and digitise the entire process of civil money claims by 2020” and the “interactive triage” role envisaged for litigants-in-person using the “Online Court” for certain civil proceedings. Modernisation and digitisation – including greater use of online procedures and virtual hearings – will also extend to tribunals and criminal proceedings. Traffic offences are already dealt with online in most parts of the country.
This conference will give you the opportunity to meet the JUSTICE team and some experts in this field, as well as new practitioners, to discuss the future justice system. We will be running exciting and thought provoking workshops on some of the challenges of digitisation for people navigating the criminal, civil and immigration and asylum court processes.
You will also have the opportunity to hear about the experiences of our panel of junior lawyers and receive invaluable advice about the journey into legal practice, as well as be party to a conversation with a leading senior practitioner, Alexandra Marks CBE and quiz her about her career.
As a delegate, you will:
- Discuss topical, cutting edge justice issues with leading practitioners
- Gain a greater practical understanding of how the courts and tribunals are changing and what it might mean for your future in the law
- Gain a unique insight into the workings of one of the country’s leading law reform and human rights organisations
- Network with other students interested in careers in public interest law
- Meet the JUSTICE team and explore crucial justice system debates
- Sir Robin Knowles, Judge of the High Court of England and Wales
- Alexandra Marks CBE, Commissioner at the Judicial Appointments Commission and the Criminal Cases Review Commission
Click here to read the full programme.
This event has now reached capacity, if you would like further information please contact email@example.com.