Date / time
Date(s) - 07/03/2020
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
We are delighted to invite you to our annual JUSTICE Student Conference on 7 March 2020. The event is kindly hosted by the International Dispute Resolution Centre.
This year’s keynote address will be given by Tessa Khan. Tessa is an international human rights and climate change lawyer and Co-Director of the Climate Litigation Network (CLN), a project of the Urgenda Foundation.
In addition, the conference will give you the opportunity to learn about some of the legal challenges JUSTICE will be addressing in the year ahead. We will be running exciting and thought-provoking workshops on upcoming projects focussing on the benefits system, the family justice system, and magistrates’ courts.
You will also hear from a panel of junior lawyers about their experience of the legal profession and receive invaluable advice on how to navigate your own career path. In addition, the JUSTICE team will host a clinical session on dissertation topics. This will give you the chance to receive feedback from our lawyers on your ideas for dissertation topics.
1. Reforming Benefits Decision Making
Alex Walters, Lawyer, JUSTICE
2. Magistrates Courts and Liberty
Tariq Desai, Lawyer, JUSTICE
3. Reviewing Family Justice
Ellen Lefley, Lawyer, JUSTICE
As a delegate, you will:
- Discuss topical, cutting edge justice issues with leading practitioners
- Gain a unique insight into the workings of one of the country’s leading law reform and human rights organisations
- Network with other students interested in careers in public interest law
- Meet the JUSTICE team and explore crucial justice system debates
We have now reached full capacity for this event. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org